Click on Photo to view the corresponding Blogpost- Bon Appetit!

Please enter your e-mail below to have new blogposts sent directly to your Inbox


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Teavana – sheer Nirvana for the Chai connoisseur!

Share

As someone raised in Asia, I am conditioned to drink coffee to keep myself alert and awake, but really indulge my senses with tea when I am truly relaxed and seek the gratification of a warm beverage. I drink coffee all day at work, but seek a warm cuppa Chai as soon as I get home or on the weekends that I deliberately keep coffee free!


If you like tea as much as I and my wife (and increasingly, my six year old daughter) do, a pilgrimage to Teavana is imperative. Teavana (“heaven of tea”), founded in Atlanta, is an incredible chain of tea boutiques, tastefully designed, packaged and merchandised to enable a truly pleasurable tea tasting and buying experience.



I chanced upon Teavana, by sheer luck, at the Galleria in Dallas and stepped in to try out the exotic teas that were up for free sampling. I was fascinated to discover that they had not only every well known tea variety from India, China, Sri Lanka and Japan for the connoisseur, but also a mind boggling assortment of flavored teas for the newbies seeking their first exposure to the joys of this heady brew, as well those seeking adventure! I had just come back from India, having tasted the Makaibari from Darjeeling, the finest and most expensive tea produced in India and was delighted to discover that I could not only buy black teas like Makaibari, but also Oolong, Ceylon, English, white, green, herbal and just about every variety of tea one can conceivably think of, at this incredible tea emporium.

Besides the heart warming assortment of teas, I strongly recommend acquisition of their
clever tea maker (inspired by a coffee maker but less complex and sheer pleasure to behold and use), which works as follows: fill it up with piping hot water, drop a couple of spoons of your favorite variety of tea leaves, give it 3-5 minutes to form a heady brew and then simply position the tea maker over your tea cup and voila - the tea maker empties its potent beverage, with the tea leaves strained, ready for consumption! Makes for a great gift – we could not help buying six of these for our use, and to hand out as gifts to our relatives!

Check out Teavana and lemme know if your tea-tasting and buying experience was as joyful as ours! Cheers!!


This adventure in Dallas begins at: Dallas Galleria: Teavana Ste 2615, 13350 Dallas Pkwy, Dallas, TX 75240. Tel # 972-788-9340. Click here for the Google Map and Directions.

___________________________________Comments:
Sandeepa said...
This Teavana sounds good, though I love only my kind of masala chai :) which no decent boutique would serve, total roadside stuff
February 15, 2007 2:03 PM

Sumit said...
Teavana - we visited it when we were in the Bay Area. How did the tea maker work out - as advertised?
Sounds like something I can get for another tea connoisseur.
If you are in Cambridge, MA - don't forget to visit Tealuxe - a similar joint.
February 10, 2007 5:17 AM

3 comments:

Aam Aadmi said...

Teavana - we visited it when we were in the Bay Area. How did the tea maker work out - as advertised?

Sounds like something I can get for another tea connoisseur.

If you are in Cambridge, MA - don't forget to visit Tealuxe - a similar joint.

Bong Mom said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Shall soon add you to my blog roll
This Teavan sounds good, though I love only my kind of masala chai :) which no decent boutique would serve, total roadside stuff

ashtad.me said...

I really like the white tea they have to offer.. its called the "Silver Needle tea"...great stuff been drinking this for the past 3 years

Statutory Disclaimer:

The contents of this blog are provided gratis, without any material benefits to the author, and does not constitute any responsibility or liability on the part of this author, from the consumption of the information contained herein, consequent or otherwise. Please view, read and use the information contained in this blog, at your own risk.