It is perhaps not a surprise that Dallas should frequent some of the finest Latino, Mexican and Tex Mex restaurants on this side of the border with Mexico. What is gratifying however, is to find an establishment that innovates with nouvelle Tex-Mex fused with distinct Jamaican influences, with an elegant, happening ambiance to match and raises this to fine art! Marrying a vibrant and flamboyant ambiance with a great menu and mesmerizing presentation is a killer combination that Cuba Libre in downtown Dallas delivers with panache and elan.
What brings me back for more:
I love Mexican, Cuban and West Indian cuisine and to find an establishment that is eclectic enough to draw from all of these to deliver a sumptuous menu is indeed, fulfillment of my heart’s desires! Add an incredible ambiance, superb music and lots of beautiful people and you have a happening adventure that is worthy of exploration indeed!
- The Hawaiian Plantain Chips are a house signature dish and highly recommended, especially with a side of their awesome Guacamole, and is guaranteed to spark some incredible conversation between friends and some awesome chemistry between romantic couples!:-)
- The Chicken Tortilla Soup although heavy, will stimulate your taste buds and prepare them for the fantastic culinary delights that separates Cuba Libra from the hundreds of Mexican and Tex-Mex restaurants in this megalopolis.
- The Fried Calamari delivered wioth roasted red pepper marinara and avocado ranch is something else and indulge your taste buds in anticipation of the entrees to foillow.
- The Voodoo Blackened Salmon is served over grilled veggies and wild rice with a tamarind finish, and is a no brainer for those that seek healthy cuisine that also delivers indulgence to the taste buds.
- The Jamaican Jerk Chicken Verde Taco Platter are delivered with a beautiful presentation and spicy flavors that will transpond you to the beautiful island of Jamaica.
- The Spicy Crab Crusted Tilapia offered with roasted red pepper lime butter sauce is a sea food lover's delight.
- The Chicken Fajitas with caramelized peppers and onions, iceberg lettuce, avocados and charred tomato salsa is presented sumptuously and offers visual delight that compares well with the flavor and the taste!
- The Banana Bunuelo delivers an exotic presentation of tropical fresh fruit, vanilla ice cream, chocolate and caramel sauce that is a feast for the eyes and the taste buds!:-)
- The Jamaican Rum Cake served with vanilla ice cream and mandarin orange glaze is a house signature dish and highly recommended.
Check out the Cuba Libra and let me know if you share my opinion and would like to join me on my next adventure at this inimitable establishment. Hasta La Vista, amigos!:-)
This adventure in Dallas, Texas begins at: The Cuba Libre, 2822 North Henderson Avenue, Dallas, TX 75206. Tel # (214) 827-2820.Reservations, especially on Fridays and weekends highly recommended.Click here for the Google Map and Directions.